The only language the EU understands!
Add Reply
brat_olin
2018-06-11 22:14:36 UTC
Odpowiedz
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/972627/Trade-WAR-tariffs-European-Union-Donald-Trump-G7-Summit-Angela-Merkel-Justin-Trudeau

‘The only language the EU understands!’ THIS is why Donald Trump has hit out at Brussels

PRESIDENT Donald Trump has hit out at the European Union with severe tariffs on steel and aluminium because it “is the only language the EU understands”, said a Republicans Overseas Spokesperson.
By HOLLY PYNE
PUBLISHED: 14:25, Mon, Jun 11, 2018

President Donald Trump left leaders at G7 Summit angry after he refused to sign the joint statement of world leaders, and accused the European Union for treating the US as its own “piggy bank.”

Drew Liquerman, a Republicans Overseas Spokesperson told BBC Daily Politics’ presenter Jo Coburn: “I think this is the only language the European Union will understand.

“I mean we had Obama for the last eight years also threatening tariffs. These trade disputes have been going on for quite some time.

“I think there is quite a difference between all the partners. I mean we have China where this is completely different because tariffs are a national security issue.

“We have companies like Huawei that pose an actual espionage risk but in the European Union it is not the same risk.”

A Republicans Overseas Spokesperson said that
I think this is the only language the European Union will understand

Earlier this year, the US imposed a 25% tariff for steel and 10% for aluminium on imports from the EU, Canada, and Mexico.

The EU then announced tariffs on US goods ranging from Harley-Davidson motorcycles to bourbon.

Tom Tugendhat a Conservative MP for Tonbridge and Malling said: “What is slightly surprising when you see this is that there is this idea that there is a security risk with Canada. It is frankly absurd.

“The idea that there is a security risk when in fact it is the UK that makes the steel that goes into American rocketry and American shipping.

“It is really somewhat strange because actually we are not a security risk, we are part of the US security infrastructure. So it is even more unusual.

Merkel brands Trump's G7 tweets as 'sobering and depressing'
Play Video

“What we should actually be doing is working together on making sure that China obeys the WTO restrictions that it due to uphold.

“Instead of fighting among ourselves. It is a bit of a shame that we are not uniting as we should be.”

President Donald Trump accused Prime Minister Trudeau of acting "meek and mild" during meetings at the G7 Summit, only to attack the US at a news conference.

The Canadian leader then described as "insulting" Mr Trump's decision to invoke national security to justify tariffs.

Tweeting en route to Singapore, Mr Trump said he had instructed US officials "not to endorse the communique as we look at tariffs on automobiles".

Trump at G7: We're the piggy bank everyone keeps robbing
Play Video

Mr Trump added: “Fair Trade is now to be called Fool Trade if it is not reciprocal. According to a Canada release, they make almost 100 Billion Dollars in Trade with U.S. (guess they were bragging and got caught!). Minimum is 17B. Tax Dairy from us at 270%. Then Justin acts hurt when called out!

“Why should I, as President of the United States, allow countries to continue to make Massive Trade Surpluses, as they have for decades, while our Farmers, Workers & Taxpayers have such a big and unfair price to pay? Not fair to the PEOPLE of America! $800 Billion Trade Deficit...

“And add to that the fact that the U.S. pays close to the entire cost of NATO-protecting many of these same countries that rip us off on Trade (they pay only a fraction of the cost-and laugh!). The European Union had a $151 Billion Surplus-should pay much more for Military!

“Germany pays 1% (slowly) of GDP towards NATO, while we pay 4% of a MUCH larger GDP. Does anybody believe that makes sense? We protect Europe (which is good) at great financial loss, and then get unfairly clobbered on Trade. Change is coming!”
Piotr
2018-06-12 23:27:04 UTC
Odpowiedz
Post by brat_olin
President Donald Trump accused Prime Minister Trudeau of acting "meek and mild" during meetings at the G7 Summit, only to attack the US at a news conference.
Ten atak tak “niespodziewany” – ze i Trudeau i kanadyjska min. spraw zagraniczncyh mowili ... dokladnie to samo OD TYGODNI - w tym w amerykasnkich telewizjach - np. Trudeau wystepil na Meet the Press na TYDZIEN przed G-7.

Tak wiec "niespodziewany" mogl to uznac tylko "very stable genius" ktory raczej jezdzilby wozkiem golfowym niz sluchal briefings nt. amerykasnkiej polityki zagranicznej krajow z ktorych premierami jedzie sie spotkac.

I nawet gdy Kanada nie mowila tego samego OD WIELU TYGODNI - to rzeczywiscie znak "of a very stable genius" ze Trumpa zaskoczylo, ze wojnie celnej
nie tylko jedna strona bedzie podnosic cla ... ;-)

Ironicznie, ataki Trumpa na Kanade pomagaja Trudeau - i konserwatysci i NDP (scojaldemokracja) staneli za nim murem, i nawet byli konserwatywni premierzy - Harper i Mulroney, krytykuja ataki Trumpa jako "unprecendeted".

Ustepowanie przed bully tylko go rozochoca. Walnac bully tam gdzie go zaboli to by uzyc Panskiego tytulu, panie bratolin - "The only language the bully understands!"

Kanada straci na wojnie, ale USA tez:

"Sixty five per cent of all parts that go into a Canadian assembled vehicle comes from the United States, so there's no way they can get out of this thing unscathed,"

"The proposed tariffs would cause between 157,000 and 195,000 American workers to lose their jobs over at least one to three years, according to two U.S. reports.

The impact would increase to 624,000 if auto producers like Canada retaliate with tariffs of their own, says a report from the Peterson Institute for International Economics.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce said 760,000 jobs would be lost from tariffs on aluminum, steel and autos.

"And if the administration carries out its threat to withdraw from NAFTA, an additional 1.8 million U.S. jobs could be lost in the first year alone," it stated in a news release."
===

"A very stable genius" that Mr. Trump ...