Sabat hipokrytow
Andrew Karts
2018-01-10 18:12:02 UTC
http://www.dw.com/en/cop23-merkel-and-macron-hail-europes-climate-leadership-acknowledge-shortcomings/a-41395906
Andrew Karts
2018-01-10 18:15:06 UTC
Merkel had to acknowledge the elephant in the room, or more specifically, the elephant down the road.
"We know we have a responsibility here - we still use a lot of coal, particularly lignite," she said. "Even within a wealthy country like Germany there are conflicts need to be solved in a calm and reliable manner."
The German power sector is currently around 45 percent reliant on coal, largely because of the decision to phase out nuclear power in the wake of the 2011 Fukushima disaster. The country is now far off track for meeting its 2020 emissions reduction targets.
The situation is epitomized by the Hambach open-pit coal mine just outside Bonn. It is Europe's most carbon-emitting spot.
Despite her acknowledgement of Germany's coal addiction, environmental NGOs criticized the chancellor for not offering solutions. "The chancellor’s climate leadership credibility was already hanging in the balance, and continues to do so," said Jennifer Morgan from Greenpeace. "She talked of trust and reliability, but where is her reliability?"
andal
2018-01-11 04:31:45 UTC
Post by Andrew Karts
[...]
beda niemce palic arabami ?